I wasn’t kidding when I told you my pregnancy cravings have been strong- my first three blog posts have been about desserts! As one of my “side-jobs”, I teach a cooking class for children at the local grocery store once per month. I have been teaching the class for over two years now and I have a multitude of recipes that I plan to share to help get your kids into the kitchen and tasting and trying delicious recipes.
For February’s class, we made a healthier banana split for our dessert. What I love about this recipe is that it is incredibly easy. So easy, that I am going to be making it with my daughter’s preschool class that is full of 2-4 year olds later this week.
All you need:
- Banana, cut length wise
- Whipped topping such as Reddi-Whip
- Strawberries, chopped
- Other toppings: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, raspberries, and chocolate/caramel syrup
All you do:
- Place banana on plate or in a bowl.
- Scoop or spray whipped topping between the two banana slices.
- Place desired toppings on dessert and serve immediately!
Edited to add pictures from my daughter’s class today! We also made a fruit smoothie with avocado- another hit!