Look past the eggs and toast and give your breakfast a makeover with my favorite banana bread flavored chia pudding. Chia seeds are an excellent sources of fiber- 10 g per ounce (about 2 tbsp)! Chia seeds are also high in omega-3 fatty acids, contain protein, and other vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium and phosphorus. The combination of bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans will remind you of banana bread, but without the guilt!
All you need:
- ½ overripe banana, mashed
- ½ overripe banana, sliced and set aside
- ½ tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup skim milk (or coconut, almond, etc.)
- Pecan pieces
All you do:
- In a storage container (I like my glass Pyrex!), mash banana. Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add chia seeds and milk; mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight (minimum of 4 hrs.).
- Top with banana slices and pecan pieces