As part of my maternity leave stash, I made some whole grain veggie wraps for a quick lunch or dinner meal. These wraps are incredibly simple to make and are easy to freeze if desired! Personally, I like to heat mine on a Panini pan (prevents it from being soggy) and top with picante sauce and avocado slices.
Makes approx. 6-8 wraps
All you need:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 (15 oz.) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, drained
- 1 pound low-fat shredded cheese
- 12-16 (10 inch) whole grain tortillas
- Additional toppings: avocado slices, picante slices, plain Greek yogurt
- For freezing: plastic wrap
All you do:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, chiles, corn, and shredded cheese.
- Evenly divide the among the tortillas and roll up. If freezing, wrap each wrap individually and place in a large plastic bag.
- When enjoying, microwave or place wraps on a Panini press and cook through. Top with any desired toppings.
If you are wanting to add any meat, I suggest browning up some lean ground meat and add to the mixture. You can also add scrambled eggs for breakfast wraps!