This was one of those “happy little accidents” where you misread the recipe but the outcome is amazing.
My husband and I tried the four week Fitness Blender Meal Plan (more on that to come) and I misread the recipe for a veggie quesadilla with a side of Brussels sprouts. Instead, I put all of the ingredients in the quesadilla and I have no regrets.
Here is what I came up with:
Trust me now, believe me later. You will love this one and it is perfect for meatless Mondays!
Note that this recipe lasted! My husband and I had lunches for about three days.
All you need:
-1 zucchini, chopped
-approximately 10 Brussels sprouts, chopped
-handful of kale, chopped
-1 can no salt added black beans, drained
-1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
-1 tsp. Cumin
-1 tsp. Chili powder
-reduced fat shredded cheese
-whole wheat tortillas
-additional desired toppings. I topped my quesadillas with salsa and avocado
All you do:
1. Place zucchini and Brussels sprouts in a lightly oiled pan. Sauté over medium heat until soft and lightly browned.
2. Add kale along with spices and cook until kale has wilted. Stir in drained black beans.
3. Place ingredients on half of a whole wheat tortilla and top with approximately 1 Tbsp. Shredded cheese.
4. Cook quesadilla on panini press or pan over low-medium heat until lightly browned on each side.
5. Top with avocados, salsa, etc. and enjoy!