Squash season is upon us! With new textures I always hold my breath when offering to my kids. However, I was pleasantly surprised-they loved it! Try this family favorite spaghetti squash pie 😊
All you need:
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 small jar roasted red red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheese
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and brown turkey, drain
- Add jar pasta sauce, roasted red pepper, and onion. Cover and simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a different skillet over medium heat and roast zucchini slices until browned.
- In a pie pan, place the shredded spaghetti squash at the bottom of the pan followed by a layer of sliced zucchini.
- Scoop meat sauce over the veggies and spread evenly. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. I personally like to cover with tinfoil for first 15-20 minutes then remove for the remaining time.