Here is a new one for the Curley household! These yummy fritters include whole grains and spaghetti squash and tasted great dipped in Bolthouse Salsa Ranch Greek yogurt dressing. Tip! Spaghetti squash can be a little cumbersome to make. You can bake spaghetti squash and keep the strands for a couple days in the fridge for additional recipes (such as spaghetti squash pie!).
Recipe adapted from Kelly’s Ambitious Kitchen kellysambitiouskitchen.com
Let’s get right to it!
All you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole grain flour
- 2 cups spaghetti squash, squeeze out moisture
- 2 cups quinoa, cooker
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, keep about 1/4 cup on the side
- 1/2 tbsp. hot sauce (we used Ortega)
- 2 tbsp. Bolthouse Salsa Ranch dressing
All you do:
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heart
- In a bowl or stand mixer, beat eggs on high for 1-2 minutes then slowly add in flour. Beat until combined.
- Add squash, quinoa, cheese, scallions, and hot sauce. Mix until combined.
- Spray waffle iron, top and bottom, and using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter onto waffle iron.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes until fritters are golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Top with remaining scallions and dip in Bolthouse Salsa Ranch dressing