We are a big football family here (Skol Vikings) and are gearing up for Super Bowl Sunday and looking for healthier options to snack on during game time. Here is a super easy, quick, and healthier spinach-artichoke dip! Serve with veggies or whole grain crackers.
All you need:
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of non-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach, recommend shredding or chopping
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
All you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until dip is melted.
- Be sure to mix periodically to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Serve with whole grain crackers or veggies
- Tip- I like to put the melted dip in a shallow pan and top with additional parmesan and bake until parmesan is melted and crispy (broil for about 3-5 minutes). Top with scallions.
That’s it! This is 18 month and 4 year old approved. Stay tuned for how to use the leftover dip.