This is such an easy recipe that I considered not even writing about it. However, my husband reminded me that easy is the whole point of this blog! Again, this is a family favorite and so easy to throw together for company.
All you need:
- 2 chicken breasts, halved (makes for quicker cooking time and less dry!)
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarela cheese
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Combine breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl
- Brush/drizzle chicken with olive oil and cover with breadcrumbs
- Bake for about 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Top each chicken breast with about 2 tbsp. tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted
We typically serve with some whole wheat pasta and veggies! That’s it- so easy!!