I originally had every intention of making these taquitos vegetarian with just utilizing black beans, however, we had leftover chicken from early this week and it was a GREAT addition to this recipe. This recipe is inexpensive, easy, and was well accepted by the family- yay! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
All you need:
- 1-16 oz. can no salt added black beans, drained
- 7 oz. can green chiles
- 1/2 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- Optional but encouraged: 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 10-16 tortillas, 6 inches
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Your favorite salsa and/or guacamole for dipping!
All you do:
- In a food processor, combine black beans, green chiles, Greek yogurt, and green onion. Blend until smooth. With a spoon, stir in chicken pieces.
- Place about 1-2 spoonful of black bean/chicken mixture in a tortilla and roll up.
- Over medium heat, add cooking oil to a skillet and place rolled taquitos on the skillet. Turn taquitos until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, yogurt-ranch, etc. and ENJOY!