When your husband says this is a “top 5”, you know it is a good one! We bought a meat bundle about a month ago and we have been having fun getting creative with our recipes! This is a good recipe for meal prep and make for great leftovers.
All you need:
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- ~5-10 asparagus spears, chopped
- ~3-5 Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful spinach
All you do:
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, saute the sweet potato. You can add 1-2 tbsp. water and cover to cook the sweet potato faster.
- Once the sweet potato begins to soften, add the onion, bell peppers, asparagus, and Italian sausage. Heat until the Italian sausage is completely cooked through.
- Stir in your cannellini beans. Add your herbs/spices and stir while the meat and veggies are cooking. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
That’s it- next step is to enjoy!