Every Minnesotan/Midwesterner loves a good hotdish…or as some people call it; casserole. Here is a healthier makeover for our midwestern comfort food!
All you need:
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can no-salt added corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can low sodium cream of chicken
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- Dash black pepper
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pan, saute meat, onion, and mushrooms with olive oil.
- Once meat has almost completely browned, add bell pepper, corn, and peas. Saute until veggies and meat are cooked through.
- Stir in cream of chicken, milk, and herbs/spices.
- In a 9×13″ baking dish, pour in meat and veggie mixture. Spread out evenly and top with tater tots.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Question- do you arrange your tater tots in straight lines or just throw them on top and see how they land? Enjoy!