I am not much of a baker throughout the year but I cannot deny the holiday spirit! These turned out amazing and are sure to be a hit at your next holiday party.
All you need for cookie bars:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Sprinkles; about 1/4 cup (I just eyeball it until you can see the sprinkles throughout the dough)
All you do for cookie bars:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil or spray 9×13 inch pan
- In a stand up mixer or a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat until batter is light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sprinkles; add into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Press dough into the bottom of baking pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until dough is cooked through. While sugar cookie bars are baking, prepare your frosting.
All you need for frosting:
- 3 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Miniature M&Ms
All you do for frosting:
- In large mixing bowl in a stand up mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Once bars are finish baking, let cool then evenly spread frosting over bars. Top with miniature M&Ms and enjoy!