Trying something new this month! Each month I plan to provide you all with a meal idea that is easy for meal prep and keeps well for several days. This month is a favorite- chicken shawarma bowls! Hope you give it a try!
Note that you can alter the amounts based on preference. This makes about four bowls
All you need:
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1 can no-salt added garbanzo beans
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup your favorite hummus (we love the everything hummus!)
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
All you do:
- While your rice is cooking. Place cubed chicken on a skillet over medium heat. While chicken is cooking, toss with the garlic powder, cumin, and turmeric. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare your bowls by evenly distributing ingredients in each container. Optional: top with feta cheese or a drizzle of tzatziki sauce.
That’s it! So easy and makes for delicious meals throughout the week. Enjoy!