You might be wondering why I am posting a soup recipe with summer right around the corner. Well…it just is that good! Quick and easy with most items coming from the pantry. Enjoy!
All you need:
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 cups low sodium broth (check out our homemade broth with zero added sodium!)
- 1 jar pasta sauce of choice
- 1 package of tortellini
- 1 can no-salt added white beans
- 1 can no-salt added sliced carrots
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
All you do:
- Brown hamburger and onion over medium-low heat in a large stock pot.
- Drain grease from pot. Pour in broth, pasta sauce, and tortellini. Bring to boil and let simmer until tortellini was cooked through.
- Stir in white beans, carrots, and spinach. Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in milk and half-n-half.
- Enjoy with a side of garlic bread!